- About Pitbulls
- How to Help
- Training & Resources
- Renting with Your Dog
- The Dog Owner Bible
- Help for Good Samaritans
- Keep'em Home Owner Support
- Spay/Neuter Resources
- Insurance Resources
- Favorite How-To Links
- Training Classes
- SF Bay Area Low Cost Shots
- Mission & Programs
Seeking: Part Time Manager for the Keep’Em Home Outreach Program
This position has been filled. Thank you!
The Keep’Em Home Project is a progressive, community based public outreach effort working to support the human/animal bond by keeping dogs out of animal shelters and with their original owners - specifically, those dogs identified as pit bulls. The program provides a range of services to several hundred under served dog owners each year including: No or low cost spay/neuter surgeries, vaccinations, microchips, behavior/training counseling, reunification support for lost dogs, affordable housing support for families at risk of losing their homes and/or their dogs and pet care supplies such as pet food, leashes, and collars.
See: VIDEO of typical Keep'Em Home event.
The Keep’Em Home Manager will provide leadership, vision, strategic direction, and oversight for all aspects of the program. We're looking for a detail oriented, big picture thinker with rock solid people and 'event planning' skills who is also creative, resourceful and comfortable navigating a wide range of contemporary urban challenges in order to maintain the project’s current success, make necessary improvements and increase our scope and reach.
- Identify pockets of under-served communities in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties, scout locations for spay/neuter van visits and create opportunities for public outreach work.
- Field requests for assistance, communicate with clients, prioritize requests. Coordinate with BR team to provide support, counseling, training and resources as appropriate.
- Schedule s/n van visits in select locations and coordinate with local veterinarians, volunteer RVT, and BR volunteer help for each event.
- Maintain inventory of spay/neuter event essentials, both at BR’s Oakland based Rescue Barn and in the van (Solicit supply donations and purchase as needed)
- Coordinate with community partners and volunteers to distribute flyers to ensure well attended events.
- Coordinate transport of necessary event supplies and van to and from event.
- Work with BR team during events to oversee client support and general flow of services.
- Ensure proper paperwork including s/n vouchers, client waivers, and various forms are printed, distributed, signed, and filed during each event.
- Oversee client follow-up as needed.
Broad Range Responsibilities
- Coordinate with BR staff, volunteers and community partners to improve and increase BR's outreach mission.
- Maintain microchip database and work with animal shelters and other parties to reunite lost dogs chipped at our events with their owners.
- Participate in training new volunteers, interns and attendees of 'Pit Ed Camp' in outreach focus.
- Seek out funding via grant writing opportunities.
- Two or more years managerial experience.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Personal experience with under served communities and familiarity with East Bay neighborhoods.
- Working comfort level with dogs and familiarity with spay/neuter programs.
- Social work background a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Working familiarity with harm reduction models a plus.
- Must have a working understanding of BADRAP’s mission, history and message.
- Able to lift 50lbs, work weekends as needed.
- SF east bay residents preferred.
- Must have own transportation, be reliable, prompt, professional and organized.
- Reports to BR staff.
- Flexible schedule. To start, 6-15 hours a week building to 30 hours a week as position develops and scope of program increases.
- Hourly compensation ($20-$30) dependent upon experience.
- Candidates may be required to volunteer for one or two events before hiring to ensure that the project is a good fit for their skill set and interests.
Please email resume and cover letter.