- About Pitbulls
- How to Help
- Training & Resources
- The Dog Owner Bible
- Training Videos
- Favorite How-To Links
- Keep'em Home Owner Support
- Insurance Resources
- Spay/Neuter Resources
- Training Classes
- SF Bay Area Low Cost Shots
- Help for Good Samaritans
- Mission & Programs
BAD RAP's Award Winning Training Classes:
1. Pit Ed Class - Berkeley - As part of our mission, we offer a class that helps owners of pit type dogs learn healthy ways to build a better relationship with their pet. This on-leash class will give you the skills you need to enjoy a calm, focused dog around even the most exciting distractions. We specialize in leash reactivity.
Warning: LONG WAIT! Adopters from BADRAP and Berkeley Animal Care Services get immediate access to our classes but unfortunately the demand for classes from the general public is huge. If you haven't adopted from BR or BACS, the wait list can be 6-9 months long. We recommend that you seek out training classes with other orgs if you're in a pinch and need quick help.
To get on our Wait List, link to: Registering for Pit Ed
BAD RAP was proud to receive the American Humane Association's 2006 Award for Best Practices in Behavior and Training.
SF Bay Area Dog Trainers who Specialize
- Mike Wombacher - On the Peninsula - 'Doggone Good.' Mike's especially helpful guiding parents who have dog/kid issues at home. (Heads Up: He's somewhat pricey and very busy) 415-437-0848
- U C Davis Behavior Services - Davis, CA. Employs highly-qualified board-certified specialists and residents in the nation's largest veterinary behavior program. Common problems that they see are: separation anxiety; house soiling; urine marking; fears and phobias. This is the right place for you if your dog is exihibiting some of these issues. UCDavis Behavior Services
- Sirius Puppy Training - Training for the pups out there.
Training links to help you understand your dog better:
Several good links for: Training & Behavioral Issues
"Nothing in Life is Free" - Bookmark This!
Have a New Puppy? Read About: Puppy Raising
Good info on living with Dogs & Cats